|Via the Korean Studies list, a following announcement arrived:|
Call for Papers and Participation
The World Congress for Korean Studies 2007
- Korea in the World: Democracy, Peace, Prosperity and Culture -
The World Congress for Korean Studies 2007 by the Korean Political Science Association will be held in Busan, South Korea, from 23 to 25 August. The main theme for the Congress is "Korea in the World: Democracy, Peace, Prosperity and Culture."
The congress will provide a forum to discuss the latest developments in and around Korea covering a variety of fields of study; research on the issues of leadership, state governance, gender politics, foreign policy, and inter-Korean relations; studies on Korean economy ranging from the issues of economic viability to debates on social fairness; discussion on cultural aspects of Korean society dealing with art, literature, linguistics, and the phenomenon of Hallyu; papers written on Korean history from ancient times to current affairs; sociological investigation of, for example, the problem of aging and low-fertility rate, exodus of young students, and subjects related to migrant workers, etc.
Expected to be the largest ever academic gathering of Korean specialists in the world, the Congress will provide all participants with an invaluable opportunity to expose themselves to and exchange information and ideas with scholars coming from different parts of the world with wide range of academic disciplines. An added value of the Congress can be found in its location: Busan, Korea.
We welcome submission of papers, full-panel and roundtable proposals for any of the areas mentioned above and other related fields. We also encourage graduate students' participation in the Congress.
Deadline for the submission of a paper and panel proposal: May 15, 2007.
• Papers for presentation can be written either in English or in Korean. Please indicate whether you wish to participate in an English panel or a Korean Panel.
• Due for papers is Aug. 1.
Registration fee: US $150
• US $100 for early registration before May 15;
• KPSA members exempt.
Accommodation & meals: to be borne by the KPSA (Please see below)
• The KPSA will guarantee accommodation for those who register before June 15.
• The KPSA will cover 3 nights (Aug. 22-24) of accommodation and 9 meals (supper on 22nd - lunch on 25th at the designated restaurant).
• We will try to accommodate late applicants as well, but room assignment is not guaranteed.
• Participants will be lodged in Sea Cloud Hotel near the Congress site. Newly built and majestically standing on Hawoondae beach, the hotel offers breath-taking ocean view from every room.
Transportation including air & incidentals: to be borne by participants
• Partial or full financial assistance for airfare and registration to scholars from developing countries may be given upon request and on the competitive basis.
* For further information concerning the conference and the application process for participation, please contact the Program Director at kpsa2007gmail.com.
A Korean-language announcement of the conference can be found at the association homepage. There is yet no English-language announcement available online.
Categories at del.icio.us/hunjang: academic ∙ Koreanstudies