<$BlogRSDURL$>
Reading

Hannu Salama: Kosti Herhiläisen perunkirjoitus
Flickr photographs
www.flickr.com
More of my Flickr photos
∙ Current position: Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher, Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Helsinki
∙ Ph.D. dissertation Neighborhood Shopkeepers in Contemporary South Korea: Household, Work, and Locality available online (E-Thesis publications a the University of Helsinki). For printed copies, please contact me by e-mail.
Contact ∙ Personal
cellularmailmy del.icio.us bookmarks
my photographs at Flickr
Anthropology at U. of Helsinki
Finnish Anthropological Society
Powered by Blogger

Anthropology, Korean studies and that

Savage Minds
Keywords
Golublog
photoethnography
antropologi.info
Solongseeyoutomorrow
Constructing Amusement
Otherwise
Frog in a Well

Often visited

The Marmot's Hole Gusts Of Popular FeelingSanchon Hunjang Mark RussellLanguage hatMuninngyuhang.netSedisKemppinenJokisipiläPanun palsta
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Google this blog
Download Hangul Viewer 2002
Download Hangul Office Viewer 2007

Monday, October 10, 2005

Kim Ki-duk overdose

Got a phone call from the broadcasting station; lately I've been refusing their requests for small translation jobs since the money they'd pay would just make me sad, and they don't take offers, so I was prepared to say that I'm sorry but I'm not available. But it was about movies, and they are a bit different, even though the pay doesn't add to much.

As I heard the names of the totals seven movies to be broadcasted next spring in the digital "culture" channel (which is available only for those with a digital receiver, excluding me among others), I did not become too encouraged by the task ahead: all are by Kim Ki-duk, from Agô (Crocodile) to Samaritan. Moneywise, no good because there's so little dialogue and the fee is paid according to the number of lines. Mentally, seeing all the Kim's misogynism will not be pleasant, and I only hope there's no dialogue in the "fishing hook scene" of The Isle so that I don't need to watch it through and through.

하하, 영화중에 하나인 <파란 대문>은 벌써 몇년전쯤 다른 채널에서 내 번역으로 방송된 적이 있다. 그래서 내가 번역도 다 갖고 있는데, 이번에 전화한 방송관계자한테 그말을 할뻔 했다. 불이익을 먹었는지 모르겠지만 그냥 가만히 다 번역하는 척하는 게 나을 걸. 그렇게 번역료도 작게 주는데.

Categories at del.icio.us/hunjang:

Comments to note "Kim Ki-duk overdose" (Comments to posts older than 14 days are moderated)


Write a Comment